Office of Recovery and Reimbursement- Collections serves the public by providing assistance in paying court-ordered fines and fees. Collection Officers are professional and demonstrate sound communication in every financial assessment.

Paying Court-Ordered Fines and Fees

When appearing in court you will learn you are expected to pay fines or fees. Some of the fines and fees are County fees payable to Lassen County Recovery and Reimbursement. Other fines and fees are payable to The Superior Court of California, County of Lassen. The General Collections Information below will help provide assistance in paying Lassen County court ordered fines and fees.

Recovery and Reimbursement responsibilities include, but are not limited to, collecting the following:

Payment Options

When you have been ordered to pay a fine or fee on a criminal case and you are unable to pay in full within 7 business days, please report to Recovery and reimbursement immediately following court to discuss an installment agreement. If you are unable to report, please call the main line at 530-251-8227 for assistance over the telephone. Recovery and Reimbursement will work with you to establish payment options.

 Pay Online

You may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover), and debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo. Make online payments here. You can also find the mobile app at the app store!

Note: A convenience fee of 2.50% will be added to each transaction with a minimum fee of $1.00 for transactions under $40.00

Online Banking

Check with your financial institution for information regarding online bill pay. Please make online banking checks payable to Recovery and Reimbursement. Include your client number or docket number on all checks for proper processing.

Pay In Person or By Mail

Payments can be made our Main Office during regular business hours at:

Historic Courthouse, Recovery and Reimbursement, 220 South Lassen, Suite 3, Susanville, CA 96130
Payments can be made in person at our Satellite Office the 1st- 10th of every month at:
Lassen County Government Center, Recovery and Reimbursement, 2950 Riverside, Susanville Ca. 96130
Note: Please include your client number or docket number and make checks or money orders to Recovery and Reimbursement.

Ability to Pay

All income and basic expenses are reviewed. Financial Forms are used to assist in determining the amount of your monthly installment after all basic necessities are paid. If you are unemployed or become ill and will not be able to make your scheduled payments, please contact Recovery and reimbursement immediately for your options.

Financial Forms

Financials are required immediately to income qualify for the following services:

  1. Public Defender Services
  2. Conflict Attorney Services
  3. Juvenile Hall Costs
  4. Electronic Monitoring

View Payment Installment Agreement Form

When you report to Recovery and Reimbursement you will be required to complete a Financial. The form requires you to list all income and expense to assist in determining the amount of your installment agreement for monthly payments of fines and fees. Incomplete forms and/or forms with all zeros and no explanations for how you are surviving will not be accepted and a judgment will be levied for all costs.

View Adult Financial Forms

View Income Verification Check List for Financial Evaluations

Failure To Pay

Failure to pay court-ordered fine, fee, or penalty could result in collection through the following:

  1. Hearing for allegation of Violation of Probation
  2. Wage garnishment
  3. Liens on property
  4. Franchise Tax Board- Tax Refund Intercept
  5. Franchise Tax Board- Collection Agency
  6. Civil Assessment
  7. Outside collection agency

Bankruptcy Information

Court-ordered fines, fees, and assessments are NOT eligible for discharge. Any fines, fees, and restitution imposed by the court are still enforced as outline in Title 11 of USCS, §523, "Exceptions to discharge" (a)(6), (7), (9), and (13). These codes state in part,

" the extend debt is for a fine, penalty, forfeiture payable to and for the benefit of a government unit, and is not compensation for actual pecuniary (commercial) loss, other than ta tax penalty."








Pay By Credit Card


If you would like to pay by credit card please click here. A convenience Fee of 2.50% will be added to each transaction with a minimum fee of $1.00 for all transactions under $40.00 

Please call (530) 251-8227 with any questions.