Emergency Services Chief
The Lassen County Office of Emergency Services
- Provides for services in any extraordinary emergency situation associated with natural disasters, technological (man-made) emergencies, and war emergency operations in the Lassen Operational Area.
- The management agency to carry out informational, logistical and management functions for any emergency or disaster affecting the Lassen Operational Area.
- Responsible for the policies, responsibilities and procedures required to protect the health and safety of the populace, public and private property and the environment from the affects of natural and human caused technological emergencies and disasters.
- The intermediate level of government within the "Standardized Emergency Management System" and as such, is charged with the responsibility of training and preparing all agencies for such events.
- Responsible for both field response and the Emergency Operations Center activities, as well as the recovery process.
- The Administrative Agency for the Lassen Operational Area, and as such will receive and review all hazardous materials business plans from the community and comply with the statutory requirements and community right-to-know laws.
Lassen County and City of Susanville Emergency Operations Plan - March 2019
Lassen County Multi-Jurisdicational Hazard Mitigation Plan - January 2019
NOAA Weather Radio
All-Hazards NOAA Weather Radio station WZ2530 is now broadcasting from the summit of Shaffer Mountain in central Lassen County. This service originates from the National Weather Service forecast office in Reno which during routine weather you’ll hear the local forecast and observations 24/7, and during hazardous weather you’ll hear severe weather and flooding warnings. Weather radios are a valuable tool in personal emergency preparedness and available for purchase from various retailers.
Mon - Fri:
8:00 am-5:00 pmSat - Sun: