The Lassen County food safety program is responsible for the enforcement of laws and regulations regarding all food facilities which serve food to the public. We carry out this responsibility by inspecting permanent, mobile and temporary food facilities. Additionally, we investigate complaints, review and approve food facility plans for compliance with state laws and work closely with food facility operators to ensure compliance with the states minimum food safety standards. The purpose of the program is to protect the public from food borne illness and to insure that food being served to the public is unadulterated and from an approved source.

Power Outage Safety


Safety tips for food delivery amid COVID-19 pandemic. 


California Retail Food Code

Americans with Disabilities Act

Food Facility Inspections

Cottage Food

Mobile Units

Bieber Area

Doyle Area

Eagle Lake Area

Hallelujah Junction Area

Herlong Area

Janesville/Milford Area

Ravendale Area

Standish/Litchfield Area

Susanville Area

Westwood Area

Certified Food Safety Manager & Food Handler Card Information

Food Manager Certification & Training-ONLINE

Food Handlers Card-ONLINE

California Food Safety Certifications

Food Facility Forms

Food Facility Permit Application

New Construction and Alterations Check List

Temporary Food Facility Forms

Temporary Food Event Coordinator Application

Temporary Food Facility Application

Temporary Food Received Requirements Packet

Temporary Food Facility Regulations

Cottage Food Operations (CFO) Information & Forms

CFO Applicant Instructions

CFO Approved Food List

CFO Registration Form

CFO Self-Certification Checklist

CFO Facility Regulations

Certified Water Labs

Label Instructions

Food Handler Card Training


AB 1144 Update to the CFO Law

CCDEH Model CFO Flow Chart

Current CFOs in Lassen County

Canned and Processed Foods Information

CDPH Cannery Inspection and Licensing Program

Cannery Inspection Program

Procedure for Obtaining a Cannery License

Cannery FAQs

Processed Food Registration (PFR)

Procedure for Obtaining a PFR


FAQ - When May A Retail Food Establishment Need A License From CDPH

Food Vending Machine

Food Vending Machine Permit Application

Mobile Units

Application Packet

Microenterprise Home Kitchen Operation

Contact Information: 

Contact Information

Main Office
707 Nevada St
96130 Susanville , CA
Mon - Fri:
7:00 am-12:00 pm , 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Sat - Sun:
(530) 251-8373