Lassen County Public Health would like to inform the residents of Lassen County of the steps they are taking to keep our community safe regarding the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Public Health staff are carefully monitoring the situation, actively working with CDC, The State Health Department, and locally with Banner Lassen Medical Center, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) agencies, and our health care providers to ensure they have the latest up to date CDC guidance on recommended infection prevention.
Currently, the risk of coming down with the COVID-19 here in Lassen County is low. However, that does not mean there is no risk. Therefore, we are asking the public to practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and other respiratory diseases such as seasonal influenza:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Public Health and the CDC does NOT currently recommend the general public use facemasks.
If you or one of your loved ones develops a fever and symptoms of a respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, within 14 days of having traveled to an infected area or has had close contact with someone showing these symptoms who has recently had a possible exposure, we ask that you call ahead to inform the healthcare facility you plan on attending, or when contacting EMS and mention your recent travel or close contact, so they can take the appropriate safety measures. Our healthcare facilities will then contact Lassen County Public Health Department and together with guidance from the state health department and the CDC will take the appropriate steps to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
The Lassen County Public Health Department will continue monitoring the ongoing situation, work with state and federal resources, communicate and provide guidance with healthcare and EMS providers.
For more information, you may contact the following
Lassen County Public Health Department - www.lassencountyhealth.org
Centers for Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/guidance-hcp.html
California Department of Public Health - https://www.cdph.ca.gov